Saturday, December 6, 2008

What Is New at the kanoe

I am so glad November is over. It was the slowest minth Kanoe Cafe has ever had since I took it over in May of 2007. Sales are down however it looks real good in December. A Good start.
Many new specials the $5 specials are starting to take off like a rocket. I guess many do not have any real spendable income. Lunches are getting busy and gas prices are coming down. Now you might want to ask why I said that?
Many articles I read collate the price of fuel with the business. Many thought if fuel comes down business would increase. Well they are wrong. Many small cafes are going under very quickly. I am hearing of at leaset two a day in the Dayton/Cin area.
However this means less competition for the big full service casual places.
I am running the Kanoe Cafe like I ran my print shop in the 80's. Then it was stated the USA is in a recession but I did not look at it that way I saw postive results. I thought of ways to get to the people. I am doing that now.
You can change the menu all you want but if the patrons do not know what is new then what is the use?
I have a salad that is veryy tasty Spinach almond. What makes it tasty is the pomagranites. however poms are seasonal and in a month will be gone.Then what?
How about a spinach pear salad. well pears are seasonal too? yes but they will be coming from the south and we will still have them. and if we want to we can eat can pears.
What is new at the Kanoe.
Come and see?
John

No comments: